Everyone in life goes through some form of trauma, even as a child, whether big or small, and as parents we often strive to not pass these experiences on to our kids. That’s usually easier said than done, which is why I’m so excited to have Riana Milne on today’s show. Riana is a certified global life and love trauma recovery coach, a certified clinical trauma and addictions professional, a certified mindfulness coach and the bestselling author of “Love Beyond Your Dreams, and Live Beyond Your Dreams”. In this episode, we discuss:
- Defining the difference between “big T” Trauma and “little T” trauma
- Parental addictions & verbal messaging issues that can cause trauma for kids
- How not fitting into the mainstream and lacking peer acceptance can cause trauma
- How these traumas show up as adults
- How to help our kids process trauma
- How to reduce trauma during parenting where possible
- and more!
You can find Riana at rianamilne.com, where she has all the freebies! You can get the 4 free love tests, a free e-book “How to Have The Love You Deserve”, free book chapter downloads from her bestselling book, her podcast, and more!